About Usby faasb added on 19 December 2013, Comments Off on About Us
FAASB, the Florida Association for Agencies Serving the Blind’s mission is to serve as a united voice and be the organizational support empowering private agencies serving Floridians with blindness and visual impairment to provide state-of-the-art professional vision rehabilitation services which enhance the quality of individual and community life.
It is the vision of FAASB to establish itself as the premier provider network of comprehensive direct rehabilitation services for persons with blindness and visual impairments in the State of Florida.
The core values of FAASB are as follows:
- Professionalism – FAASB members strive to demonstrate a commitment to excellence, collegiality, mutual respect, cooperation, consistency, consumer service and appropriately credentialed staff.
- Stewardship – FAASB members see it as their duty to maximize, nourish, cultivate and multiply the resources available for the delivery of vision rehabilitation services to residents of the State of Florida.
- Facilitation – FAASB members believe that the people they serve can and do make the best choices for themselves if they have the resources necessary to make effective choices.
- Integrity/accountability – This is the alignment of FAASB’s members’ guiding statements with all of their actions and the acknowledgement that FAASB has a responsibility to the public trust.
- Leadership – FAASB provides leadership through collaboration and modeling.
- Diversity – FAASB believes that there is a genuine and unique strength that comes from the appreciation of differences in background, origin, orientation, ability and point of view.
- Increase resources available for vision rehabilitation services.
- Increase the number of Floridians served and the menu of vision rehabilitation services offered statewide including outreach to underserved communities and populations.
- Increase community awareness of the implications of vision loss, the services available for those with vision loss and the benefits those services offer.
- Continue to find ways to enhance the quality of direct service delivery.
- Provide and encourage advocacy.
- Increase the pool of qualified vision rehabilitation professionals in the State of Florida.
- Facilitate interagency community and collaboration with the Division of Blind Services and other state agencies, consumer groups, member agencies and state and national associations.